Estee Lauder Eye Repair + Concealer Set (Great Value Set)

There's been a lot of fuss about Estee Lauder's Double Wear Concealer. I've read tons of good reviews about it and naturally wanted to see if it's really that good. Since concealer is something I'm not really willing to spend loads of money on, I was quite intrigued by Estee Lauder Eye Repair + Concealer Set. If you ask me this is a great Value set for 8,95€. You get Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer (1.9 ml) and Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex II (5 ml) eye cream. And I'm not exaggerating if I say that I'll have this tiny jar of eye cream for aproximately four months. Concealer will probably run out in one or maybe two months.




Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Concealer (1.9 ml) comes in the shade 02 Light Medium. As far as I know this is the only shade available in this set. If you buy fullsize you can choose between 11 shades. The oil-free formula is very lightweight with medium buildable coverage. Another plus is SPF 10. The concealer blends really easy. Once it's blended out it stays in place (as the name suggests), I would dare to say it's very longlasting

Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer is great for covering dark undereye circles and lightening up the eye area. A great trick for when you don't need that much coverage is to mix this concealer with Advanced Night Repair eye cream (or any other eye cream).

Price for fullsized product is around 30€. I'm not sure I'd buy it, because I have other drugstore concealers similar to this one and they cost far less. But if you can grab the travel size version I would recommend to try it out. 



The next product in this value set was Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex II (5 ml). This cream is supposed to target wrinkles, dark circles, puffiness, dryness, you name it. 
I haven't had plenty eye creams in my entire life if I'm to be honest. I probably had three or four and none of them was that great that I would repurchase it (and I'm talking here about brands such as Clinique, La Prairie etc.). And I'm not going to say this is the best eye cream I've ever had, BUT this is the best texture I've ever tried in a cream. I can't really describe it with one word. It's a silky gel-creme that turns into a thicker consistency when you dab it into skin. It feels super hydrating and absorbs into skin really nice.

As far as the results go: my undereye area is nicely hydrated after using this cream and concealer really applies smoothly after. I didn't notice any drastical changes regarding dark circles (I don't even have that noticable dark circles to begin with). I don't think I can say much about the effect this cream has on wrinkles since this isn't a concern yet (considering my age). 

The only thing that's bothering me is the fact that this cream comes in a jar. Apart from it being unhygienic there's another problem I see with that: all of the antioxidants and other fragile yet beneficial ingredients (such as Bifida Ferment Lysate) in this silky eye cream will become less potent with each use because once air gets in, the air-sensitive ingredients will begin to deteriorate, which furthermore means, they won't be as effective as they could be (or will fully loose their efficacy). This is probably the only reason why I won't buy this cream in full size (Price for 15 ml: 59,95€). Maybe I would reconsider my decision if Estee Lauder changed their packaging. Let's all hope they will.


Up: Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer in 02 Light Medium Bottom: Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex II

Yesterday was Woman Day and Estee Lauder had some pretty cool discounts online, so I ordered another set to try out. I bought the Repair & Supreme Power set which contains Revitalizing Supreme+ cream (7 ml) and Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II serum (7 ml). The set cost 7,20€ and I also choose two free travel-sized samples with my order (I choose two mascaras). 


Have a lovely weekend!


Ni komentarjev