Best Autumn/Winter Perfumes



I don't own tons of perfumes as many other women do. I'd say I prefer quality over quantity, although - to me this phrase is kind of worn out. Let's just say I'm a student, and when i decide to give a "shitload" of money for a perfume, it better be good, magnificent even. I also think that with years you get this ability to really appreciate a good composition and - yeah i know i repeat myself - quality. So here are my TOP 3 perfumes I truly adore. I'm quite sure i'd give a kidney or some other organ in return for one of those!







1. Dior - Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette)



Top notes: apricot, plum, coconut 
Middle notes: tuberose, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, rose, brazilian rosewood, caraway

Base notes: sandalwood, almond, vanilla, musk


My first choice is Hypnotic Poison by Dior. This might be my favorite perfume of all time. And that says something. For me Hypnotic Poison is a true masterpiece. I don't think i'll ever grow tired of it. I'm not really good at describing scents, but to me it Hypnotic Poison smells very oriental and rich. It's a deep, spicy and intoxicating scent. This pretty much sums it up: »everything about its voluptuous oriental form is slow seduction. At the same time, it projects a comforting aura, with the sweetness of vanilla unfolding against the radiant freshness of musk and the milky bitterness of almonds«. I'd say this is the kind of perfume rich »society ladies« wear.


2. Giorgio Armani - Si (Eau de Parfum - Intense) 

 



Top notes: cassis, blackcurrant, mandarin, bergamot, freesia
Middle notes: May rose, neroli 
Base notes: patchouli, vanilla, ambroxan, woody notes


This scent is a perfect choice for winter, since it's quite heavy and strong. Armani is known for its modern and clean design which is reflected in the packaging of the perfume. To me this is the scent that one must get used to. But when you'll get used to it, you'll love it. Because it's so intense and strong scented I need just a spritz or two and i'm ready to go. The perfume wears up to 10 hours or more on me, which is rather fascinating. 

I sometimes (well now I'm being modest, it's actually quite often) get these awful headaches that don't seem to go away that easily. I remember wearing this perfume once when I suffered from a headache. The scent of this perfume really made it worse, because it's so strong. Now i'm kind of associating it with my headaches, so this perfume wouldn't be my first choice these days. God, i'm such a bad person :(


3. Guerlain - La petite Robe noire (Eau de Parfum)

 
Top notes: Bergamot, Black Cherry, Almond and Berries  
Middle notes: Bulgarian Rose and Turkish Rose Absolute  
Base notes: Liquorice, Patchouli and Black Lapsang Tea Leaves


As its name suggests, the fragrance was designed to evoke the most iconic of fashions – the little black dress. I absolutely love this perfume. I'm not an expert for composition, but this one is great. Everything fits so well together, it's surreal. No wonder that Guerlain is well known for being "the pastry chef" of the fragrance world. They use gourmand notes in totally unconventional ways and create these perfectly wearable perfumes. I mean come on: Liquorice, Almond, Berries etc. I'm truly in love with this one for quite a time now. I got my first Le petite Robe noire as a gift for my birthday. I also own the "Eau Fraiche" version and "Eau de Couture" version. The lasting time of Le petite Robe noire EDP is amazing. It lingers for hours, slowly tracing its progression from the berry top to the mossy and earthy drydown. I really enjoy wearing it. I sometimes also wear it in spring/summer time.



6 komentarjev

  1. Hypnotic Poison je tako popularen, da ga že skoraj vsaka ima. Jaz sicer samo te "inspired" - ne vem kako se naj izrazim - točene Refan in podobno, ampak ta vonj bi takoj imela original, če bi imela budget za to :). Guerlain je pa itak res mojster vonjev in bo večno na moji wish listi. Zdaj moram samo še tega Si sprobat, ker vidim, da so nama všeč kar podoben stil vonjev :).

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Se ti zdi? :) Jaz ga pa zadnje čase ne "voham" prav veliko :) Meni ga je predstavila mami. Sicer sploh ne bi bila pozorna nanj, ker poznam Pure Poison iz njihove linije Les Poisons in mi je naravnost grozen :D Hypnotic Poison mi je pa res eden najboljših parfumov, kar sem jih kadarkoli poskusila. Včasih me prime, da bi se kar polivala z njim.
      Jaz sem imela do zdaj samo en točen parfum in sicer Lady Million. Mi je bil kar všeč, samo nekako se mi je zazdelo, da je s časom spremenil vonj (v kolikor je to možno). Ja če bi meni budget dopustil, bi si zagotovo kupila še kakšen Guerlainov parfum. Armanijev Si sem pa dobila za rojstni dan, drugače je ta Intense verzija grozno draga, res :'( Ti pa svetujem, da ga sprobaš. Meni je zelo prijeten, ko se že malo "zlufta" oz. razdiši :)

      Izbriši
  2. Kaka lepa zbirka parfumov! <3
    Fauš! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala :)
      Ja, ti trije so mi res najbolj všeč!

      Izbriši
  3. DEBESSSSSSSSTTTTTT:):) sicer jst sem zj imela dolgo obdobje, ko sem se malo izogibala parfumom, ampak imam pa nekaj svojih stalnih favoritov, ki sem jih kupila tudi že večkrat:)Tvoj izbor je 1A

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Oh, hvala :) joj, jaz bi imela še Prada Candy, pa novega od Diorja: poison girl. :) drugace so pa ti res moji najljubši. Pa Estee Lauder Modern Muse uporabljam, ko je topleje :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši